- Cetus Labs builds and sells software to simplify and streamline port terminal operations. We've built a modern Terminal Operating System (TOS) called Octopi.
- Selected as one of the 10 companies to be part of the Venture Hive startup accelerator in Miami, FL.
- Winner of the Early Stage Startup Competition at eMerge Americas 2016.
- Lead the development of Intellum suites of products: Exceed, Tribe Social, The Intellum Platform, SnackerTV, etc...
- Worked with the CEO of Intellum to set the Development Roadmap for the company and to ensure that we complete our milestones on time.
- Communicated regularly with our Client Services team to ensure a close feedback loop between our development team and our customers.
- Managed the relationship between Intellum and some key clients.
- Managed the hiring of software developers, growing the team from a 5 person team to more than 12 software developers.
- Ensured that new employees were onboarded quickly and that software developers were happy and fullfilled at work, by creating a work environment that encouraged autonomy, mastery and purpose.
- Reported the product team's progress to the Intellum leadership team.
- Contributed to the development of Intellum's applications using technologies such as node.js, MongoDB, Backbone.JS, Ruby on Rails, Redis, etc...
Software Developer / Entrepreneur
- Designed and implemented an enterprise application platform using a Ruby on Rails stack. The platform was built to mimic an operating system on the web, by providing basic services like managing users, storing, versioning, and sharing documents, communicating via a social network similar to FriendFeed, installing applications from an application catalog, and managing calendar events. The application was also an OpenSocial container using Apache Shindig.
- Used the Lean Startup methodology from Ash Maurya's Running Lean book to find a solution for companies to drive and measure employee performance. Conducted interviews with startup founders, managers, CEOs and Human Resources professionals. Used the knowledge gained from these interviews to propose and implement a solution to the problem.
- Designed and implemented a prototype of a modern Talent Management Systems (TMS) based on our Lean Startup research. The prototype used a Ruby On Rails backend with a Sproutcore frontend. This application was used internally at Intellum to test its stickyness and value.
- Designed and implemented GroupDock: a lightweight enterprise application platform built using node.js. The platform handles Single Sign On and provides a central repository of users with an integration module to integrate with clients' Human Resources systems only once. Applications can be built to work with the platform by simply implementing OAuth and a small adapter API.
- Participated in finding, interviewing, and hiring new software developers to work for Intellum.
- Worked with outsourced software developers and consultants to build Groupdock and the TMS tool, serving as the liaison between them and Intellum.
- Represented Intellum at the Node Summit NodeJam in San Francisco in 2012 by giving a short presentation on Groupdock.js.
- Presented at local software or entrepreneurship meetups, expanding Intellum's brand and reach in the global tech community.
- Designed and implemented Tribe Social: an enterprise social networking tool. Tribe Social allows groups to communicate and share ideas. It is built using node.js, Backbone.js, and MongoDB.
- Open-Sourced grunt-handlebars (a Grunt task to precompile Handlebars templates) and mongoose-nested-set (a mongoose plugin implementing the nested set pattern), and other small tools or code examples.
- Technologies used at Intellum: Ruby On Rails, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Riak, Redis, Resque, Google Closure Tools, jQuery, node.js, Sproutcore, Backbone.js, Express.js, MongoDB, Chef, Capistrano, jqTouch, Socket.IO, Faye, OAuth, Phonegap/Cordova, and more.
- Co-founded the leading jobs website in Haiti. In just two years, Job509 has built a database with tens of thousands of resumes, has helped thousands of job-seekers to find employment in Haiti, and has built a strong reputation as the place to go when searching for a new employee in Haiti.
- Designed and implemented a job board and Applicant Tracking System to serve the job market in Haiti. The application was designed using Ruby on Rails and MySQL and has received more than 5 million pageviews in it's first 18 months. It receives an average of about 10,000 unique visitors a day.
- Planned and participated in social marketing strategy for Job509 that has allowed the company to receive more than 40,000 likes on Facebook and more than 5000 Twitter followers. In a country with low Internet penetration like Haiti, these are impressive numbers and Job509 is seen as an example of a company that has used Social Networks effectively to build its brand.
- Co-planned Job509's education classes/seminars where we bring foreign trainers and thought leaders to Haiti to teach or discuss an important topics such as Sales, Customer Service, and Marketing.
- Built the event management tool which supports advertising the classes/seminars offered by Job509 on our website and tracking registrations.
Founder and CTO
- Raised seed and angel funding rounds from Launchbox Digital and angel investors within 4 months of prototype development.
- Designed and developed sharememe.com and messagepub.com from scratch using Ruby on Rails.
- Administered all the server infrastructure for ShareMeme Inc. including deployments of Ubuntu servers with nginx, Thin, Redis, monit, Postfix, mongrel, etc...
- Managed the online marketing campaign using Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Website Optimizer, StumbleUpon ads, banner ads, conference sponsorships, etc...
- Handled customer support for messagepub.com and sharememe.com.
Software Systems Architect
FIOS TV Web Remote
- Coordinated the development efforts between the US-based team and the development team in Chennai, India.
- Provided customer support for IT Workbench, a central SOA operational infrastructure that houses Verizon's Web Service directory and adds management capabilities to web service publishers and subscribers.
- Helped to manage and support the eBroker portion of ITW which allows Web Services within Verizon to interact with external Web Services.
Supplier Portal / ClliNet
- Migrated ClliNet servlets from a JRun server to Weblogic 8.1. (ClliNet is an application used by the network technicians to obtain a CLLI code for devices they are installing on the network).
- Developed a ClliNet SOAP logging module in C#.
VSMS / ACE / Outage Analysis Team
- Served as the point of contact between the Outage Analysis Team and the Verizon Service Management System (VSMS) / Alarm Correlation Engine (ACE) team.
- Identified patterns in a crisis database that resulted in outages and programmed the Alarm Correlation Engine to take action when these patterns occurred.
- Deployed Sea Of Green VSMS Java applets and VSMS network-maps for system monitoring.
- Redesigned and improved the ACE administration GUI using Tcl/Tk.
Delphi Electronics & Safety
- Drafted extensive documentation on the power mode design of a Toyota car radio.
- Proposed and implemented a method for automating power mode timing measurements for a Toyota radio using C and a NEC V850 microprocessor.
- Initiated, analyzed, and implemented a plan to manufacture a set of cable assemblies in-house which increased company profits.
- Designed and implemented a cable tester to help reduce defects on the assembly line. The tester was implemented using a Motorola 68HC11 microprocessor and assembly language.
Turbo Systems S.A.
- Implemented a tool with C++ and Oracle OCI that automatically loads data from Microsoft Excel files into a database and hence increasing the efficiency of the process.
- Assisted in installing a new Oracle-based payroll software for the National Airport Association and trained their employees to use it.
Georgia Institute of Technology
MS, Electrical Engineering
Concentration in Telecommunications and DSP
Minor in Management
University Of Virginia
BS, Electrical Engineering
Intermediate Honors / Graduated with High Distinction
Minor in Computer Science
The Unix fu workshop
Johns Hopkins University (Statement of Accomplishment)
Johns Hopkins University (Statement of Accomplishment)
Stanford University (Statement of Accomplishment)
University of Washington
University of Melbourne (Statement of Accomplishment)
The Pragmatic Studio
- English fluent
- French fluent
- Haitian Creole fluent
- Spanish fluent
- Brazilian Portuguese advanced
- Caribbean Shipping Association Conference 2016 - Port Of Spain, Trinidad
- TOC Americas 2016 - Cancun, Mexico speaker
- MLConf 2016 - Atlanta, GA
- Caribbean Shipping Association Conference 2016 - Cocoa Beach, FL
- Digital Transformation by The Economist - Miami, FL
- MLConf 2015 - Seattle, WA
- BackboneConf 2014 - Boston, MA
- ITPalooza 2014 - Fort Lauderdale, FL speaker
- Sime MIA 2014 - Miami Beach, FL
- NationJS 2014 - Washington, DC speaker
- XDA:DevCon 2013 - Miami, FL
- RubyConf 2013 - Miami, FL
- ErlangDC 2013 - Washington, DC organizer
- RubyConf Argentina 2012 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- NodeSummit 2012 - San Francisco, CA speaker
- ErlangDC 2011 - Washington, DC organizer
- Capitol JS 2011 - Washington, DC
- RubyDCamp 2011 - Manassas, VA
- Startup Weekend DC 2010 - Washington, VA
- ErlangCamp 2010 - Chicago, IL
- RubyNation 2009 - Reston, VA speaker
- Becamp 2009 - Charlottesville, VA
- Developer Day by Viget 2009 - Falls Church, VA
- Developer Day by Viget 2009 - Durham, NC
- RubyNation 2008 - Reston, VA
- BarcampDC2 2008 - Washington, DC
- Becamp 2008 - Charlottesville, VA
- Startup Weekend 2008 - Raleigh, NC
- GoRuco 2008 - New York City, NY
- RubyConf 2008 - Orlando, FL speaker
- South Carolina RubyConf 2008 - Columbia, SC speaker
- RailsConf Europe 2008 - Berlin, Germany
- Ajax World Conference 2008 - New York City, NY
- GoRuco 2007 - New York City, NY
- Startup Weekend DC 2007 - Falls Church, VA